Look Great, Feel Great

I've been dealing with very bad asthma for about 5 years on and off. Prior to that, I was a severe asthmatic as a child. I also have severe allergies and sinusitis. Add to that fibromyalgia and I'm a mess. My New Year's resolution is to get healthier. To start that I'm reading several Christian self health books/positivity books. The first book I read was Joyce Meyer's Look Great, Feel Great. I like her style of preaching and often watch her show during the week. I like the idea that I, with God, can have control over my health. In Look Great, Feel Great, she outlines 12 Keys for healthy living. She recommends taking time to add each key rather than jumping into all 12 at once. So for this week I'm focusing on Key #1: Let God Do the Heavy Lifting. Joyce recommends 5 ways to trust God with your burdens: 1. Ask 2. Attend church 3. Attend a support group 4. Begin each day with an affirmation 5. Pray in moments of doubt. My action that I'm focusing on this week is to begin each day with an affirmation. At this time I'm using the one in the book, but you can write your own as well. I also try to remember to say "This is the day that The Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Today was day 2 and I'm seeing a difference already. I would often go to bed feeling great, but wake up feeling horrible with swollen sinuses and allergies and wheezing and pain. I'm praying that by focusing on the positive I will be able to wake up feeling great each morning and ready to start the day. Blessings upon you, Jennifer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Won't be the Same This Year

Beginning of Unlikely Disciple

My husband was killed in the San Bernardino terrorist attack