New Year's & Books

Last night my husband, my mom, my aunt and I ate an early dinner at Coco's. Afterward Nick and I came home and watched some of the NYE coverage and read. Nick went to bed at midnight. I made the mistake of staying up until after midnight...around 1 am some neighbors decided to shoot of fireworks for over an hour! It was insane!!!!

Today we spent most of the day watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy. We're onto the last movie, The Return of the King now. I found my lists of books I read each year from 2006 to 2013 except 2009 and 2010. 2009 is stuck on my Blackberry and I didn't keep track in 2010. That was right after my dad died and I just didn't care that year. Each year I've kept track I've read at least 50 books. I'm writing all the lists down in a notebook so I can keep track in case my phone has an issue again. Here is the list of books I read last year: Books Read in 2013 1. Found by Shelley Shepard Gray 2. Angels all Around Us by Anthony DeStefano😃 3. The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale 4. You are Not What You Weigh by Lisa Bereve 5. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp 6. In Pursuit of Peace by Joyce Meyer 7. The Molech Prophecy by Thomas Phillips 8. Crazy Love by Francis Chan😃 9. I Trust You by Joyce Meyer 10. Angels by Billy Graham 11. Look Good, Feel Great by Joyce Meyer 12. Aunt Dimity Paranormal Detective by Nancy Atherton😃 13. The Circle 14. The Simirillion by Tolkien 15. To Heaven and Back by Dr. Neal😃 16. Hollow Earth by John & Carole Barrowman 17. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 18. So Audrey 19. The Amish Bride by Clark & Gould 20. Cross Roads by Wm. Paul Young 21. The Present 22. Under the Banner of Heaven 23. Proof of Heaven by Dr. Even Alexander 24. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield😃 25. Micro by Michael Crichton 26. Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore😃 27. The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones 28. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly😃 29. Out of Mormonism by Judy Robertson 30. I was a Teenage Mormon 31. Breaking the Jewish Code by Perry Stone 32. Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits by Joyce Meyer 33. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe 34. Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale by Lydia Rutledge😃 35. Grace Unplugged by Melody Carlson 36. Own It by Michael & Hayley DiMarco 37. Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer😃 38. Jezebel by Landon Schott😃 39. Four Blood Moons by John Hagee 40. One Light Still Shines by Marie Monville😃 41. The Reason for My Hope by Billy Graham😃 42. Sign of the Times by Greg Laurie 43. Castles in the Sand by Carolyn Greene 44. A Twist of Faith by Berit Kjos 45. Brave New Schools by Berit Kjos 46. Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgs 47. Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart 48. The Eye of Molech by Glenn Beck 49. Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims by Rush Limbaugh 50. The Amish Seamstress by Clark & Gould 51. The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren 52. Peace by Shelley Shepard Grey😃 53. The Outcast by Jolina Petersheim 54. The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom😃 55. Forgiveness by John L. Ruth😃 56. The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado 57. A Plain & Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston 58. The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans😃 59. Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher 60. Deep & Simple by Bo Lozoff😃 61. I'm No Longer Mormon by Regina Samuelson 62. God Knows My Size by Harvey Yoder😃 63. Angels Among Us by Ellen Harris 64. The Christmas Jar by Jason Wright 65. The Witness Wore Red by Rebecca Musser😃 66. I'm Proud of You by Tim Madigan😃 67. Leaving the Saints by Martha Beck 68. The Four Doors by Richard Paul Evans😃 69. Blessed by Logospilgrim😃 The ones with happy faces are new books I read that I really liked....it was supposed to be only 20, but then I read two more! I bought a devotional called Live Second. It has writing prompts and Bible passages with each day. I'm going to start it tonight. My plan is to also read the Bible from start to finish in 90 days, and read The Purpose Driven Life for the next 40 days. Last year I got into the habit of reading a devotional almost everyday. I also had been reading the Bible pretty faithfully, but got sidetracked after Lent. Blessings upon you & wishes for a great new year! Jenn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of Unlikely Disciple

Won't be the Same This Year

My husband was killed in the San Bernardino terrorist attack